HMP
 
HomeHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 First Impressions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KillTheRock

avatar

Posts : 27
Points : 47
Plus/Minus : 2
Join date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:17 am

I'm lovin it! 8-0-0 so far in VS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlahQz

avatar

Posts : 26
Points : 27
Plus/Minus : 0
Join date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:37 am

So far gameplay is great in OTP except for 2 things.

1) No matter how good they make the gameplay, ppl still suck and the hogs can now be even more annoying than ever before because of this tap tap tap bullshit when calling for a pass.

2) For otp games we can't invite our friends to join our session. Why???? Now you're even more likely to be placed into games with random idiots who call for the puck from wherever they are on the ice when the goalie even thinks of touching it.

Thank god the goalie holds the puck more for stoppages at least.

For otp the only way to be sure you're in a game with your friend is to be invited to the same lobby as them, then you have to look up their name and join their session. Luckily for me my name is usually at the top of the list if you wanna join me, for looking for ppl like Str8 it can be annoying clicking down all the time just to find him.


Drop in games are even more useless as the only difference between them and otp is that you thrown into any session (I assume it's always 6 vs 6) automatically and STILL you can't invite your friends or club members. No sense at all...

Leagues haven't been touched at all in any important way....so I won't be doing them at all this year. Thx EA.

Hopefully we can get club going soon, but in the meantime GET YOUR GAMES IN BOYS!!! The quicker you can get legend the better off we'll be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KillTheRock

avatar

Posts : 27
Points : 47
Plus/Minus : 2
Join date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:05 am

Ya club is going alright. OTP just shouldn't be played anyways. I won't touch it once this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlahQz

avatar

Posts : 26
Points : 27
Plus/Minus : 0
Join date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:21 am

Well if you want to upgrade your bap more quickly, you sorta have to bite the bullet. You can only play so many club games (depending on how dedicated your team is to being online to get those games in).

It sux I know, but we all have to deal with it at least until we can reach maybe the superstar card. If you don't, it may take a long time to get that legend.....not saying it's impossible to do....just longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HockeyMediaPlus
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
avatar

Posts : 380
Points : 1044
Plus/Minus : 17
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:46 am

Hey Blahqz you do know that there is still an otp 1 lobby. Just go to ONLINE, then COMMUNITY, then LOBBY and then there should be an otp lobby 1.

So YES we still can play with our friends in otp
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hmpsounds.openu2.com
KillTheRock

avatar

Posts : 27
Points : 47
Plus/Minus : 2
Join date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:32 pm

My team plays pretty much around the clock. It shouldn't be a problem I give it until Tuesday and then we will see legend cards floating around. I will probably just copy one to my account this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlahQz

avatar

Posts : 26
Points : 27
Plus/Minus : 0
Join date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:38 pm

HockeyMediaPlus wrote:
Hey Blahqz you do know that there is still an otp 1 lobby. Just go to ONLINE, then COMMUNITY, then LOBBY and then there should be an otp lobby 1.

So YES we still can play with our friends in otp

I never said we couldn't play with our friends, what I said was we can't directly invite ppl by pressing R3 like we used to. Try inviting me sometime when you're in that screen where players choose sides Razz it won't happen.

The only way to find you would be to look you up in the list of ppl in the room and then join your session if you're in one.

It is possible to invite one friend (when you invite them to a game you can choose otp as the game type), but no others after that. The others would have to find you through the lobby rooms.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HockeyMediaPlus
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
avatar

Posts : 380
Points : 1044
Plus/Minus : 17
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:44 pm

BlahQz wrote:
HockeyMediaPlus wrote:
Hey Blahqz you do know that there is still an otp 1 lobby. Just go to ONLINE, then COMMUNITY, then LOBBY and then there should be an otp lobby 1.

So YES we still can play with our friends in otp

I never said we couldn't play with our friends, what I said was we can't directly invite ppl by pressing R3 like we used to. Try inviting me sometime when you're in that screen where players choose sides Razz it won't happen.

The only way to find you would be to look you up in the list of ppl in the room and then join your session if you're in one.

It is possible to invite one friend (when you invite them to a game you can choose otp as the game type), but no others after that. The others would have to find you through the lobby rooms.


Yeah so I decided I am going to buy boosts afterall. At first I told myself to earn them but since I got the game for free, I dont really mind spending money
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hmpsounds.openu2.com
BlahQz

avatar

Posts : 26
Points : 27
Plus/Minus : 0
Join date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm

I had to. I don't really play offline unless to test out created plays or go to practice mode for doing dekes.

For the amount of time I spend playing this game, it's a no brainer. I guess 2 way fwd is the best build all round. Most ppl will be that, but I like my play(trouble)maker. Most goals I'm getting are unassisted LOL not because I hog or anything, but rather my bap is an animal on the forecheck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HockeyMediaPlus
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
avatar

Posts : 380
Points : 1044
Plus/Minus : 17
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:32 pm

BlahQz wrote:
I had to. I don't really play offline unless to test out created plays or go to practice mode for doing dekes.

For the amount of time I spend playing this game, it's a no brainer. I guess 2 way fwd is the best build all round. Most ppl will be that, but I like my play(trouble)maker. Most goals I'm getting are unassisted LOL not because I hog or anything, but rather my bap is an animal on the forecheck.

Yeah FYI in practice mode the other day, I had my guy at the lowest ATTs and no boosts or anything.. So that is why he was so slow..

I am using 2 way D right now because it gives me a good amount of speed and decent defense..

I wanted to use Defensive defensman but I cant because it is so slow.. Until I buy the boosts later today and get more cards, I will keep usiing 2 way D..

I will switch to DD later though
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hmpsounds.openu2.com
BlahQz

avatar

Posts : 26
Points : 27
Plus/Minus : 0
Join date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Ya we're all slow....but that doesn't matter. I wasn't trying anything really...an occasional deke or dump n chase. Was practicing some forecheck stuff. Need more ppl on to get a good session going. Mics of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HockeyMediaPlus
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
avatar

Posts : 380
Points : 1044
Plus/Minus : 17
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:49 pm

BlahQz wrote:
Ya we're all slow....but that doesn't matter. I wasn't trying anything really...an occasional deke or dump n chase. Was practicing some forecheck stuff. Need more ppl on to get a good session going. Mics of course.

I will be on all day from now until 5 am. I cancelled my plans for today lol.. YES NHL is that important

99f4a9fd-e815-4542-a1d5-bf23e7f6aee9
1.03.01
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hmpsounds.openu2.com
Yan009

avatar

Posts : 35
Points : 55
Plus/Minus : -23
Join date : 2010-09-01
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:34 pm

from the few first games ive had, its waaaaaaaay wasy to score goals..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HockeyMediaPlus
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
avatar

Posts : 380
Points : 1044
Plus/Minus : 17
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Yan009 wrote:
from the few first games ive had, its waaaaaaaay wasy to score goals..

It depends. I had a game yesterday that was 8 to 7.. The next game was 1-0 in 3 overtimes..
99f4a9fd-e815-4542-a1d5-bf23e7f6aee9
1.03.01
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hmpsounds.openu2.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: First Impressions?   

Back to top Go down
 
First Impressions?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» RZR S impressions
» First Impressions Multi Scoot test / review
» HyperPro Springs - First Impressions
» new ride! wrx first impressions...
» Silverwing riding impressions on Cycle World

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HMP :: Gaming :: Video Games-
Jump to: